Huntington Ingalls Industries Engineer Software 2 in Newport News, Virginia
Engineer Software 2
E44: Networks, Communicat
External Job Description:
As a member of the NNS Software Center of Excellence Software Test Team, the candidate will execute software test of embedded and industrial control systems; test activities include development of test strategies, test plans, test procedures and test cases, development of software test tools (automated and facilitated test), and execution of test programs. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including proposal developments, specification/requirements development, software architectural designs, software design descriptions, application investigations and maintenance, simulator and test tool development, test procedure writing, end user interfacing, training, and operating manual development. The candidate should demonstrate technical leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage task assignments and execution with other software test team members. Experience should include the ability to properly assess and report difficulties to project/test leads and department managers. The candidate should demonstrate strong attention to software development practices, be self-motivated, be able to prioritize and lead multiple projects with limited oversight, and demonstrate strong attention to the software development practices.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Auto req ID:
Engineer Software 2 - QA Tester
2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Prior software architecture design, development, and test experience required.
• Prior experience with use of Automated Test Suites required, prior experience with the development of Automated Test Suites highly preferred.
• Experience with C++ & Java required.
• Experience with Linux and other embedded operating systems required.
• Strong ability to plan, execute, and document hardware & software design and testing required.
• Experience with XML, C#, .NET, Visual Basic preferred.
• Experience with collaborative software project tools such as Microsoft TFS, Rationale ClearCase/ClearQuest, DOORS, Subversion, GIT preferred.
• Experience with software analysis and qualification tools such as Coverity, LDRA, Parasoft, etc. preferred.
• Experience with various communication protocols (SPI, I2C, USB, RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, Ethernet IP (CIP), Multicast) preferred.
• Experience with software design (CASE) toolsets such as UML preferred.
• Knowledge of Project Management methodologies (CMMI, IEEE 12207 etc.) preferred.