Huntington Ingalls Industries COST ESTIMATING ANALYST 2 in Newport News, Virginia
COST ESTIMATING ANALYST 2
O19: Contracts & Pricing
External Job Description:
Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers. Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data. Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors. Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor. Prepares and maintains historical cost data. Creates cost models for cost estimating elements. Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
Auto req ID:
COST ESTIMATING ANALYST 2 | INTERMEDIATE COST ESTIMATOR
Bachelors degree with 3 years relevant experience; NNS Apprentice School graduate with 5-7 years relevant experience; Master's degree with 1 year relevant experience.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
This is a mid-level Cost Estimator | Cost Estimating Analyst position
• Significant experience in industrial, manufacturing or construction environment.
• Excellent MS Office computer skills, particularly Excel
• Experience in operations research as well as a working knowledge of mathematics and finance.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to work in a close team environment as a strong team player
• Excellent organizational and customer service skills with a strong attention to detail
• NNS Apprentice School graduate preferred.
• Planning experience is a plus.
• Learns quickly, adjusts to change and enjoys challenges of a new problem or situation
• Ability and desire to learn new skills