Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Logistics Support 2 in Chesapeake, Virginia
AMSEC Logistics Support 2
114 - AMSEC MMTS - 11400 - SYST INTEGRATION PMO
External Job Description:
Position requires travel up to 100% of the time
This position provides support to a task assigned for all logistics requirements including but not limited to ordering, receiving, inspecting, issue, shipping, inventory/kitting of Government Material, Customer Material and tool requirements.
Position Specifics: Candidate must have the following to qualify for this position:
• Ability to obtain/maintain a secret security clearance.
• Experience in Material listings and notes on Government Drawings.
• Understanding/knowledge of Government Furnished Material and Customer acquired material.
• The ability to travel up to 75-100% of the time.
• Logistics experience in receipt/inspection, inventory and issue of materials.
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Computer skills, Data entry, Microsoft Office experience.
• The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DBIDS Badge
• The selected candidate must be able to maintain their SECRET level security clearance.
Provides support to the logistics function preparing logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment. Modifies maintenance records such as repair standards for more complex equipment or components. Develops requisitions for and manages records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals; tracks logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of storage facilities; reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment; documents equipment, component and parts conditions; and identifies logistic support documentation to be included such as drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance requirement cards to support life-cycle of product.
Must be able to work in a shipboard environment. Must be able to lift, carry, transport heavy equipment and climb ladders.
Auto req ID:
AMSEC Logistics Support 2
High School and 2 years additional education or 2 years relevant experience.
Yes, 100% of the time
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Knowledge of tools as they relate to inventory, issue and storage as well as Maintenance.
• Knowledge in shipping and receiving of materials and supplies.
• Advanced typing skills.
• Experience in CSRR and SWFTS installations.
• Experience in Sea Enterprise and SWFTS contract installations on Submarines and Surface boats in a plus.
• Experience in planning, drawing material kitting and preparation of task installation beginning.
• Experience in Govt Material and Customer Material provided inventories.
• Understanding of how hazmat items are stored, shipped, disposed of and handled.
•Experience in Material listings and notes on Navy Government Drawings.